(Find a Book)
If you do not have a PowerPoint, you may need to download the free PowerPoint Viewer.
Middle Georgia Technical College
Library Services for Faculty
Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Middle Georgia Technical College Library is to support and enhance the mission of the College by providing services and resources which contribute to the instructional and informational needs of the College community. In addition to reinforcing and enriching the curriculum with print, non-print, and electronic formats, the Library provides study space, computer access, and library-use instruction. It also seeks to further professional development and the lifelong learning skills of its users.
- Borrowing Policies
Borrowing privileges are extended to all current Middle Georgia Technical College faculty. Registration forms are available at the Library Circulation Desk or may be completed by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the following information:
Campus Phone Number:
Employee ID Number:
MGTC Email Address:
Faculty may check out up to ten (10) items for a period of ninety (90) days. Items may be renewed up to two (2) times for a period of thirty (30) days per renewal. If materials are needed for a longer period special arrangements will need to be made with the Director of Library Services, Dr. Dumont Bunn @ 478-988-6863 ext. 4001 or email@example.com
Equipment may be borrowed for a period of ONE Week with no renewals. All Equipment is subject to a $1.00 per day overdue fine.
Equipment currently available for checkout:
- Cam Corder
- DVD/VCR Players
- Overhead Projectors
- Portable Projectors
- Projection Screens
- TV Carts with DVD/VCR Players
Faculty may renew materials in person at the Circulation Desk, by telephone, by email, or by using the online account access system.
Online Account Access:
A PIN number is used to access library records online. This allows you to renew items and/or place holds on items you wish to pick up by logging in to the Library Online Catalog with your ID number and PIN. If you would like to be able to access your library account online please contact the library for more information and to obtain your PIN.
Please return Library materials to the Circulation Desk or, if the Library is closed, in the Book Return, located to the left of the main entrance to Building A.
Responsibilites of Borrowers:
Faculty are charged overdue fines only for late Equipment. All Equipment is subject to a $1.00 per day overdue fine.
- Excessive overdue materials may lead to suspension of borrowing additional library materials until overdue items have been returned, renewed, or paid for. Upon failure to comply, staff personnel will be reported to their immediate supervisor and/or supervising dean who will recommend action.
- Borrowers are responsible for loss or damage to materials/equipment loaned to them.
- Faculty will be billed for items not returned – cost of the materials plus a $10.00 processing fee for each item.
Items are subject to recall should they be needed by another patron.
- Cooperative Agreements & Interlibrary Loans:
Currently employed faculty members of Middle Georgia Technical College may check out materials from the Macon State College Library and the Fort Valley State University Library. In order to use this service, an authorization letter must be picked up from the MGTC Library staff. Books and periodical articles not available locally may be obtained from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan. Please call or email us for more details.
- Library Instruction:
Faculty may request library instruction sessions/tours. The sessions are taught by Librarians and may be tailored to meet specific needs (e.g., course or assignment related). The sessions may include any of the following applicable areas: research strategies, evaluation criteria regarding research and/or the Internet, how-to: understand the library’s catalog, use of online and/or print resources, and use of online databases.
To schedule a library instruction session or tour, contact the library by email, telephone, or in person. Please try to give at least 24 hours notice when requesting a session/tour.
- Over 27,000 book volumes
- 58,000 + electronic books through eBooks on EBSCOhost
- A paperback collection of over 1,000 titles
- Over 1200 video tapes & DVD’s
- 139 Periodical subscriptions
- GALILEO includes over 7,000 electronic periodical subscriptions, plus over 250 resources for your information needs. GALILEO may be accessed from home with the MGTC institution password. To get the current password contact the Library.
- 7 Database purchased just for MGTC users
- 3 Online card catalog terminals
- Study carrels
- 2 Videotape & DVD viewing stations
- 2 Document/photo scanners
- 41 GALILEO/Internet work-stations
MGTC Library Hours of Operation:
While Classes are in Seesion:
- Mon - Thurs.....7:30 am - 9:00 pm
- Friday............7:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Saturday and Sunday......CLOSED
*While Classes are NOT in Session:
- Mon - Thurs.....7:30 am - 4:45 pm
- Friday............7:30 am - 3:30 pm
*The Library may be closed at times for maintenance or staff development.
|Dumont C. Bunn, Director of Library Services||E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Belle Bush,Circulation/Reference||Email: email@example.com|
|June Wise,Library Assistant||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Hal Clay,Library Assistant/Evening||Email: email@example.com|
|Peggy Colbert,Library Assistant/Cataloger||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|