From Cosmetology to Criminal Justice, everyone can find a career helping and serving other people in the Public Services Field
The career outlook is bright and getting brighter. If you want an occupation where you get to personally interact with people on a daily basis and have a positive impact on their lives, take a look at the programs below. You're sure to find something that interests you.
If you enjoy working with people, take a look at the programs below. You're sure to find something that interests you.
Each degree and diploma program at MGTC contains a body of Essential General Core (general education) courses. The purpose of general education coursework is to ensure that students have attained general essential skills necessary for educational and career success. General education coursework is not specific to any major or discipline. The Essential General Core within each degree and diploma program is designed to produce graduates who, at the competency level appropriate to the credential earned, can communicate appropriately using oral and written English; utilize information technology in accessing, organizing, and communicating information; apply appropriate mathematical principles and methods; and use critical thinking skills to solve problems.
To ensure these competencies, each degree program of study contains a minimum of 15 semester credit hours in general education courses, with at least one course from each of the following areas: English; humanities; social/behavioral sciences; and natural sciences or mathematics. All diploma programs contain a minimum of 8 semester credit hours in general education coursework, with at least one course coming from each of the following areas: English; mathematics; and interpersonal relations/professional development or psychology. Each degree and diploma program additionally requires COMP 1000, Introduction to Microcomputers.
- Barbering and Cosmetology
- Cosmetologists practice the art and science of beautifying and improving an individual’s skin, nails, and hair. Hairdressers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists are projected to be one of the top occupations with the most job openings in Georgia over the next decade! The Cosmetology program at MGTC emphasizes specialized training in safety, sanitation, hair treatments and manipulations, skin and nail care, reception, sales, and management. MGTC’s program also prepares students to take and pass the State Board Cosmetology exam.
- Criminal Justice
- The public safety and criminal justice program is designed to introduce students to a variety of agencies and professions in law enforcement, private security, corrections, fire, and emergency management services. Students will examine the components of the criminal justice system, including the roles and responsibilities of the police, courts, and corrections.
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- The Early Childhood Care and Education Department’s mission is to prepare students for careers in child care and related fields. Students will receive training in human growth and development and will learn the appropriate practices for teaching young children. Our goal is to prepare students so they can enter any childcare facility, whether center-based or family home-based, or elementary school. Our program’s graduates learn to provide the best possible childcare experience and/or learning environment. Part of our curriculum includes children’s art, music and movement and math and science.
- Paralegal Studies
- The Paralegal Studies (PLS) program at MGTC is designed to prepare students for positions in the paralegal profession. Students will have the opportunity to obtain specialized legal knowledge and skills to qualify them to aid lawyers in the delivery of legal services.
Need more Information?
Click on one of the programs listed to the left to get more information about that program, including specific degrees awarded.
Ready to Apply?
Applying online to MGTC is easy thanks to our partnership with GACollege411. Begin the process to be ready for classes in no time!
At MGTC's CARE Center we can help you make the right decision for you and your career. Give us a call for more information at 478-988-6800 extension 5020.
MGTC has provided Gainful Employment disclosure data for its credit programs. This information can be used to estimate the cost of various programs, program length, average student debt upon program completion, and potential employers upon completion.