Aerospace, Trade and Industry
Do you enjoy working with your hands? Do you enjoy being able to see the results of your hard work? Do you enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that what you do affects people every day?
A career option in one of our Industrial Technology programs might be right for you.
Whether you want to be the one designing the part, making the part, or installing and maintaining the system the part belongs to, you can find your place in one of these programs. We offer something for everyone in some of the fastest growing and most well compensated careers in the state today.
Each degree and diploma program at MGTC contains a body of Essential General Core (general education) courses. The purpose of general education coursework is to ensure that students have attained general essential skills necessary for educational and career success. General education coursework is not specific to any major or discipline. The Essential General Core within each degree and diploma program is designed to produce graduates who, at the competency level appropriate to the credential earned, can communicate appropriately using oral and written English; utilize information technology in accessing, organizing, and communicating information; apply appropriate mathematical principles and methods; and use critical thinking skills to solve problems.
To ensure these competencies, each degree program of study contains a minimum of 15 semester credit hours in general education courses, with at least one course from each of the following areas: English; humanities; social/behavioral sciences; and natural sciences or mathematics. All diploma programs contain a minimum of 8 semester credit hours in general education coursework, with at least one course coming from each of the following areas: English; mathematics; and interpersonal relations/professional development or psychology. Each degree and diploma program additionally requires COMP 1000, Introduction to Microcomputers.
- Do you have an interest in airplanes or any form of aviation? Do you enjoy working with your hands, building things, or repairing things? If so, then MGTC has two programs for you to choose from: Aircraft Structural Technology (AST) or Aviation Maintenance Technology (AMT). Both of these programs utilize “hands-on” training to help emphasize aviation concepts learned in the classroom as well as prepare you for the work environment. Both programs additionally have co-op opportunities available.
- Air Conditioning
- Could you imagine a life without air conditioning and heating to keep comfortable? The HVACR industry covers the comfort systems - heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration - that our society depends on year-round. The heating and cooling industry is a $150 billion a year business that employs many people, and more and more skilled people are needed to fill the increasing demand!
- Did you know that the automotive industry is expected to be #1 in regards to the most job openings in Georgia? (For the Postsecondary Vocational Training category). The Automotive Fundamentals program at MGTC is Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified in all eight automotive areas. The course of study includes engine repair, automatic transmission repair, manual drive train and axle, suspension and steering, hydraulic brakes, electrical systems, heating and air conditioning, and engine performance.
- Drafting Technology
- Drafters prepare technical drawings and plans used by construction and production workers to build everything from manufactured products, such as toys, toasters, industrial machinery, or spacecraft, to structures, such as houses, office buildings, or oil and gas pipelines! Their drawings provide visual guidelines, showing the technical details of the products and structures and specifying dimensions, materials to be used, and procedures and processes to be followed.
- If you haven’t noticed, every gas station, doctor’s office, fast food joint; every car, many things in your home or work; basically everything in today’s society contains something that is electronic in nature - computers, cash registers, cars, stereo systems, medical equipment, airplanes… the list is endless! And every one of those pieces of equipment, at some time in its existence, needs to be repaired, aligned, calibrated, serviced, installed, or inspected.
- Industrial and Electrical Systems
- Even the finest of machinery needs maintenance and repair. The Industrial Systems Technology program at MGTC prepares its students for the installation, maintenance, and repair of these production system machines and components in industrial facilities.
- Machine Tool
- Did you know that Machinists are predicted to be one of the fastest growing occupations over the next decade? The Machine Tool Technology program at MGTC prepares students for employment in the machine tool field such as tool making, aircraft fabrication, automobile and motorcycle design, fabrications, and customizing.
- Truck Driving
- From developing the skills necessary to parallel park a vehicle that is over 70 feet long, to learning how to plan a trip from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean, the Commercial Truck Driving Program at MGTC offers students the chance to be part of one of the most vital industries in this country! Graduates obtain the necessary tools for success in this demanding career field. Upon completion of the program, students will be tested and will receive their Class “A” CDL license. Students will receive both the academic and driving skills required to become a successful Professional Driver. We offer both day and night classes in a 8-week program.
- Welding and Joining
- We are all touched by welding every day in some way. From the toaster we use in the morning to the car that drives us to school or work, welding has some part in almost everything we use in our daily lives. Technology is helping to improve welding, creating more uses for welding in the workplace and expanding employment opportunities!
Need more Information?
Click on one of the programs listed to the left to get more information about that program, including specific degrees awarded.
Ready to Apply?
Applying online to MGTC is easy thanks to our partnership with GACollege411. Begin the process to be ready for classes in no time!
At MGTC's CARE Center we can help you make the right decision for you and your career. Give us a call for more information at 478-988-6800 extension 5020.
MGTC has provided Gainful Employment disclosure data for its credit programs. This information can be used to estimate the cost of various programs, program length, average student debt upon program completion, and potential employers upon completion.